Personal and Technology blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Microsoft debuts Windows 7

   On October 22nd, 2009, Microsoft had it's launch event for Windows 7 in New York city. Later that day, I received my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade that I pre-ordered back in June when the promotional pricing was going on. At the launch event, Kylie (from the Windows 7 commercials) introduced Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Steve Ballmer gave a keynote, as expected. Microsoft demonstrated new features in Windows 7 such as Windows Touch, media streaming capabilities in media player and Windows Live Essentials. They also show-offed new PCs with Windows 7 pre-installed.

 I was a little bit disappointed with the event. There was no Bill Gates keynote, no rock band and no acrobats scaling sky high buildings with the Windows logos like they did at the Windows Vista launch event in 2007. I guess that is reminder that we are in tough encomium times. I have embedded a video and photos of the launch event below.




 




No comments: